Hey gang, I’m putting together a playlist for an upcoming Largehearted Boy piece on Charmed Particles (one of my longtime writer dreams come true!) and to play before/after my upcoming launch events. Who’s got suggestions for me? Hit me with your best songs re: physics, suburbia, Mary Kay ladies, local politics, gentlemen explorers, encyclopedias, cultural assimilation, novelty convenience foods, living history facilities, and/or the kind of music baby genius high school girls would have been into circa 1989.
Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- “Particle Man,” They Might Be Giants
- “Pleasant Valley Sunday,” the Monkeys
- “Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want,” the Smiths
- “I Envy the Photons,” the Lesser Birds of Paradise
- “Atomic Power,” Uncle Tupelo
- “Supercollider,” Radiohead
I can’t wait to see what you guys suggest!